The Fluid Power Association within VDMA (the German Mechanical Engineering Industry Association) with its Fluid Power Sealing Group, which brings together the leading German manufacturers of seals for fluid power and general applications, is organizing the 21st International Sealing Conference on October 12 and 13, 2022, at the University of Stuttgart. The conference will be held under the scientific auspices of PD Dr.-Ing. habil. Frank Bauer from the Institute of Machine Components (IMA), University of Stuttgart.
The motto for the conference is
Sealing Technology – Old School and Cutting Edge
Most industrial products depend heavily on seals. In the past, seals have impressively demonstrated their ability and are still state-of-the-art. Due to the increasing demand for energy-efficient, ecological, and economical products and technology trends (such as Industrie 4.0 (IoT) or electromobility), sealing technology related industry and research faces new challenges. By accepting these, sealing technology is making a decisive contribution to the development of cutting-edge products by a mix of well-tried, modern, and innovative solutions.
The aim of this conference is to present and discuss the results of scientific research, results of development, and experiences of users, thus contributing to the knowledge transfer between
- Manufacturers of preliminary products for sealing systems,
- Manufacturers of hydraulic fluids and lubricants and
- Service providers, such as testing labs and engineering offices.
For the 21st International Sealing Conference, presentations on the following topics are
- Static Seals
- Rotary Shaft Seals
- Reciprocating Seals (Hydraulics/Pneumatics)
- Basics of Sealing Technology
- Mechanical Seals
- Materials and Surfaces
- Energy Conservation/Friction/Wear
- Standardization/Patents/Laws/Test Procedures
- Applications in Practice
The speakers (one per contribution) participate at the conference for a reduced fee of 290 €.
Call for Papers
If you are interested in presenting at the 21st ISC, you are kindly requested to submit an abstract (2000 signs max) following the instructions on the conference homepage (https://sealing-conference. com/call-for-papers/). Submission deadline is January 30th, 2022.
- Papers for the conference proceedings shall be in English, only.
- The presentation shall be held in English (professional simultaneous translation to German).
- Presentations should not exceed a limit of 20 minutes.
- Submission of abstracts: 2022-01-30
- Notification of acceptance: 2022-03-18
- Paper submission: 2022-05-15 (reviewed papers), or 2022-06-19 (unreviewed papers)